The Women’s March 2018 Anniversary Rally in Waco is coming to Heritage Square this Saturday at 12 pm! We are so excited you have signed up to be a part of it.
Here is some information to help make this a great event!
What to Bring
- Grab your buttons and bring your signs from last year’s marches or make new ones.
- Bring chairs if you want to sit during the rally.
- We will have Water available.
- Bathroom facilities are limited. There are restrooms at nearby Indian Springs Park. However, the rally is only two hours long and shops and restaurants will be opened during and after for patrons.
Transportation and Parking
- The downtown trolley system is available on Saturday and will drop you off near Heritage Square.
- Free parking is available in the municipal lot between City Hall and Franklin Ave. Parking is also available in the lots adjacent to River Square Center.
- You can find a map of downtown Waco here.
- This is a family-friendly event.
- If someone has an offensive sign – stand in front of them with your sign.
- If someone is disruptive or aggressive, do not engage with them, either drop to the ground or if you feel unsafe move away and call the police. Volunteers with pink ribbons will have their contact information.
- We have hired security for the event and have worked with the city to obtain the proper permit for this event.
- This is a rally, not a protest, however, you should know your rights (and what to do if they’re violated). Check out the ACLU’s guide here.
- Do not bring a weapon or anything that may be construed as one.
- The weather is supposed to be beautiful, however keep an eye on the forecast. Wear shoes and clothing that will keep you comfortable.
- We are expecting around 200 people. Agree on a meeting place in the event you get separated. Meeting places that are easy to spot are entrances to: the courthouse, Spice Village, the convention center, or the Hilton.